As has been reported in the news, the U.K. is experiencing a heat wave. Since our last post the days have gotten hotter. Today we saw 33 on the car dashboard.
After our Legoland day we’ve done a number of day trips with mainly outdoor activities making the most of the clear blue skies and hot weather. Highlights have been:
- A day in Windsor where I went to Windsor Castle while Grant, Loralei and Holly spent the afternoon at the pool. Windsor Castle was great, although they were closing early so I had to rush through a bit. I loved seeing the giant dolls house. From Windsor Castle I walked to Eton College, then to the pools, which gave me good views of the castle and the River Thames.
- We drove from Jordans to Cheddar via a couple of villages in the Cotswolds. Loved Bibury with the rows of old stone cottages and the beautiful gardens. We also went to Bourton-on-the-Water, where we did the Dragonfly maize. In this maize you had to find 13 clues which then formed the final clue to expose the dragonfly at the end. It was very clever.
- In Cheddar we completed a loop walk up and around the Cheddar Gorge, giving us fantastic views all around. We also went to the Cheddar Gorge Cheese company, the only Cheddar made in Cheddar.
- Yesterday we went to Brean Down, on the Somerset Coast. From the top you can see Cardiff. The beach was very popular, with lots of people parking on the beach. We took Loralei and Holly to the Brean Splash Park. Being a Sunday and hot, we had to wait an hour to get in, but they loved it!
- Today we went to Bath. Loved going into the Assembly Rooms and seeing the Circus area. We also enjoyed seeing all the umbrellas and flower filled phone booths in the town centres. We also took a boat trip to Bathampton.